The 2011 Rivera Yacht Support Snow Bonanza day trip was a wonderful success. Forty participants turned up in the early hours of the morning on Friday 25th of March to board the bus in Antibes.
Once comfortably seated everyone was served tea and coffee with croissants &amp; pain au chocolat together with juice and fresh fruit whilst ski and snow board movies were screened, to get everyone in the perfect mood for the exciting and exhilarating day that lay ahead.
On arrival to a perfectly sunny Auron, the Riviera Yacht Support team had already organised ski hire in advance to make sure that the day was completely hassle-free. Everyone took to the slopes for a grand morning of carving, falling and laughing! At noon the group headed to the restaurant La Bergerie for an aperitif followed by a lavish three course lunch. After coffee and Génépi schnapps the parallel race course next to the restaurant was open to all Bonanzers and racing in swim gear was recommended in the blazing sun!
At 1600 the venue changed location to the Chalet Gourmande where the apres ski and prize giving took place.
Prizes, sponsors, winner and categories were as follows:
- A night for two at the Carlton with a rental car from Elite Rental Cars went to captain Alf Grell for scoring a captains position during the very same day.
- An iPod from Icon Connect went to Brian Carver, M/Y Ulysses, for the biggest jump of the day.
- Ski poles which double up as flasks, from Dovaston, went to Zoe &amp; Anna , S/Y ATHOS, for sexiest dress on the race slalom.
- Ski poles which double up as flasks plus crew coach sessions from The Crew Coach went to Craig &amp; Jane, M/Y Two Kay, for best dressed.
- Ski poles which double up as flasks, from Dovaston, were also given to Lotta Grell for a great wipeout.
- Two rounds of golf from the Grande Bastide Golf Course to Captain Lee, M/Y Ecstasea for most stylish descent of the race course.
- Two rounds of golf from the Grande Bastide Golf Course to Bridget, PYA, for another great wipeout.
- And finally .... Champagne from Marine Discount Supplies went to Peter &amp; Lone, S/Y Blue Papillon for participating in all three Snow Bonanzas.
Back on the bus the atmosphere was suitably jolly after a wonderful day, meticulously organised by the Riviera Yacht Support team, who held true to their company motto 'The Solution'.
The evening started, and ended, for many, at the Blue Lady with lots of reminiscing and jokes about the splendid day enjoyed by all.
Please check out the photos on the Facebook page.