The 2015 edition of the Riviera Yacht Support SNOW BONANZA was definitely the best by far (so far!)
The weather forecast had been somewhat grim for us beforehand, but (much like in previous years) we left the rain on the coast and instead spent the day basking in sunlight. With the help of specially imported solar eclipse glasses, we were all able to marvel at the magnificent celestial event taking place above us.
All participants were given brightly colored XL boxer shorts to wear outside of ski pants in order to identify each other from afar on the slopes. With the menagerie of costumes on the slopes the pants were probably not necessary!
Sharp edges carved the pistes in the morning (well, some participants preferred tanning at mountain huts with selected beverages in front.)
At noon we all gathered on the deck of the great restaurant “La Bergerie.” The festivities started with aperitif and continued with a fantastic three course mountain meal and much merriment!
During lunch, our annual parallel slalom challenge was set-up close to the restaurant. After a small “schnapps of courage” called Genepi offered to all by the owner, Alain, skiers and snowboarders took to the course!
Heros and Zeros (no names mentioned..) rocketed at great speeds down the track which included an entertaining jump half way.
At 4 aclock the venue change to the Restaurant Les Vallons where the apres-ski and prize giving ceremony took place.
Here are the winners:
- Charli Witts, M/Y Odessa, biggest jump, ladies won a dinner for 2 at Ancre de Chine in Antibes.
- Mark Lasoski, M/Y Arkley, biggest jump, gents won a lunch for 2 at Michelangelos in Antibes.
- Kate Henderson, M/Y Arkley, best dress, ladies won a tandem paragliding flight.
- Ty Falkenstein, M/Y Arkley, best dress, gents won a tandem paragliding flight.
- AP Andersen and his crew on M/Y Odessa won a keg of beer from Colgans Brewery for having most participants from one yacht. 12!
- Berna Lasoski, M/Y Arkley won a wet suit from Yacht Chandlers for best lipstick!!
- Kane Gall, M/Y Maraya won 5 Jägerbombs from the Blue Lady for traveling from the Caribbean to participate!! (Well, he’s about to become a dad as well..)
The bus ride back was “interesting” as usual but under control.
See you next year! BOOSTEE!
Thank you to our fantastic sponsors, and crew who mad the day as special as it was. See you all next year and hopefully before!
- The Riviera Yacht Support Team