The 10th-year Riviera Yacht Support Snow Bonanza started with a beautiful sunrise as participants met at our departure points at the ports in Cannes, Golfe Juan, Antibes and Monaco.
We welcomed just shy of 100 attendees who came to join us for a full day of relaxed socialising, skiing, snowboarding, an apéritif, a 3-course mountain lunch with wine and coffee, a friendly parallel slalom challenge and après-ski session where some lucky Bonanzees claimed great prizes.
Once all the gear was loaded in the buses, we all set off for Auron and what a stunning day it was! Transport left Cannes at 6.45am and collected more attendees from Golfe Juan before meeting up with the Antibes buses and attendees from Monaco on the way.
All participants received a food pack with coffee, juice, water, muesli bar, fruit, crisps and mini Easter eggs to fuel them up for the day; the Antibes buses were also treated to much-appreciated breakfast butties courtesy of Emma from So-sij.
Enroute to Auron, all of our valued Sponsors for the day were introduced and ski and snowboarding action videos were played on the TVs to get everyone in the mood for a fantastic day ahead. As a special surprise to recognise our 10th-year anniversary Snow Bonanza, all attendees received a mini bottle of Champagne to toast the event!
Arriving to Auron, everybody who was skiing or boarding received their complimentary ski pass with insurance. Once out of the buses, most people got kitted up in their mountain gear and some were out on the pistes in just a few minutes. By now, many attendees were already in fancy dress costume bringing a fun atmosphere to the day ahead.
For those people without their own ski gear, our rental partners Intersport had set up our own dedicated rental cabin where people who had pre-booked their gear online could collect their skis, snowboards and additional rental equipment as soon as we arrived and it was ready and waiting to go. This was a great start to the day as it meant participants could gear up quickly and head straight for the slopes for a morning of free ski time.
At midday, everyone met for an apéritif at La Bergerie which is located on the lower slopes. Here, we started the first of many video interviews with our top Sponsors and all participants enjoyed having a snack, Blue Coast Brewing craft beer or glass of rosé in the Auron sunshine.
The team from Riviera Yacht Support and our main Sponsors for the day were introduced again before we all sat down on the sunny terrace at La Bergerie for a 3-course mountain lunch with wine, beer and coffee.
Diners enjoyed cold cut platters, lamb shanks or a salad paired with wine supplied by Riviera Wine and followed by a selection of dessert tarts and coffee. Sponsors speeches kept the mood upbeat and introduced the key people who support our annual event and keep the Snow Bonanza cogs turning.
After lunch, keen competitors headed for our parallel slalom course adjacent to the restaurant, kindly set up by the ESF ski school. Here, we witnessed mini challenges down the slope to the finish line to receive a shot of Génépi. What a great sight to see many participants in fancy dress costumes hurtling down the mountain, there were indeed some very good skiers and snowboarders with fast times!
Following the slalom competition, some participants headed off for more free ski time while others relaxed on the terrace at La Bergerie for a drink in the sunshine. We all then headed uphill to L'Alpage for the après-ski session that began at 4pm.
We were very happy to have Blue Coast Brewing return as après-ski Sponsor this year with their range of top quality craft beers, and the Riviera Yacht Support team did a great job setting up the tables with a range of delicious nibbles and snacks.
During après-ski, our prize giving ceremony was held with a fantastic range of prizes up for grabs this year ranging from a chalet holiday to bluetooth headphones and gift vouchers.
The prize winners were:
- A Seafarer Medical Certificate sponsored by The English Osteopath - WINNER: Luke Dix (Deckhand)
- An osteopathy treatment from The English Osteopath - WINNER: Martin Gee from Geetech
- So-Sij vouchers from So-Sij Antibes - WINNERS: The Minions from M/Y Gazella II and Serge Michelet from SY Roxane
- The Heinen & Hopman Drawing Challenge - FNAC vouchers sponsored by DeJabs Concierge & Decathlon vouchers sponsored by Pantaenius - WINNERS: Gael Evans from M/Y Kingdom 5kr and the holy crew from M/Y Grand Illusion
- Best Wipe Out (Male) - Chullunka voucher sponsored by Geetech - WINNER: Ryno Nolte from M/Y Grand Illusion
- Best Wipe Out (Female) - Decathlon Voucher sponsored by Sturge - WINNER: Angela Dentice from Yacht Accounting Support
- Treasure Hunt - Private brewery tour for 6 people including beer and snacks sponsored by Blue Coast Brewing - WINNERS: 2 Peas in a Pod (Colin Hamilton from Zephyr Yachting and Gael Evans from M/Y Kingdom 5kr)
- Top Male Skier/Boarder - JBL Bluetooth wireless headphones sponsored by Excelerate Marine - WINNER: Martin Collier from InXpress
- Top Female Skier/Boarder - One-night stay for 2 including breakfast and spa access at St Endréol Golf & Spa Resort sponsored by Riviera Radio - WINNER: Laura Todorut from De Keizer France
- Best Costume Ladies - A massage and acupuncture session from The English Osteopath - WINNER: Melany Valli from M/Y Grand Illusion
-Best Costume Gents - A Michelangelo dinner voucher from OnboardOnline and RYS - WINNER: Sam Green from M/Y My Lady Rose
-Best Costume Team - Chalet getaway for 4 people in Chamonix sponsored by Chamonix Ski Chalets - WINNERS: 'The Ulf's from M/Y My Lady Rose
THANK YOU TO ALL OUR SPONSORS!!
After prize giving finished, everybody jumped back onto the buses to head back to the coast.
THANK YOU to everybody who attended the 10th Riviera Yacht Support Snow Bonanza, the day was a brilliant success and we look forward to seeing everybody back next year where we celebrate the 11th year anniversary!
See you all in 2020!